After the base installation, the system requires a couple of additional applications – here is the install list:
- Anti-Virus Software: of course, the most important thing to go on the system after the initial installation.
- Windows Home Server Connector Software: to include the system in the WHS environment (again)
- TrueCrypt: to allow for data encryption
- Using the Google Updater, the following software is installed: Adobe Reader, Firefox, Google Earth, Picasa and Skype.
- DivX for the movies – I just need the player from the package.
- iTunes to help with the iPhone
- MS Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
That – basically – is the minimum stuff I need on the Eee PC to allow for daily work, eMail, Internet and some Music and Video while travelling…