I thought, this would have been easy – after all, Workpress 2.x was working without issues and the upgrade process seemed rather straight forward. I found a couple of useful sites that described it in detail:
I backed up my data, installed the new release, logged in to the Admin Site and my world seemed just fine. Until I tried to go to the start page of my blog just like any regular user would do – and nothing happened!
Well, not quite “nothing” but the browser kept telling me “Waiting for …” and the wheels kept spinning and spinning and after a while, the browser threw me an error.
To make a long story short, I owe this entry the final solution – tried it, logged in, worked!